This is where I write about my life. Marriage, children, faith, and coming to the realization that as long as I have those three things...I am home. No matter where that is.



Friday, October 29, 2010

Best Laid Plans

What I wanted to do this week:
1. Spend an afternoon carving/painting pumpkins
2. Make a really cute Halloween cake for the weekend festivities
3. Decorate the wagon like a princess carriage for Trick or Treating
4. Get 2 liters of Diet Mt. Dew for 75 cents each
5. Paint my toenails
6. Plant daffodil, tulip, and glad bulbs in my flower bed so they would come up in the spring
7. Go to Sam's for laundry detergent, diapers, toilet paper, etc...
8. Start a diet and start walking on the treadmill
9. Cancel Rylee's well visit for next week so I could extend our weekend visit
10. Put the toys in the attic that never get played with to make room for the new toys they will get for Christmas

What I actually did this week:
1. Spend an afternoon turning the house upside down looking for stray crayons...sheesh!
2. Make sugar cookies with Valentine's Day and Christmas cookie cutters...and burn them to a crisp
3. Leave the art supplies I needed in an abandoned Wal-Mart buggy
4. Also left the Diet Mt. Dew in the abandoned buggy, because the check out line was 3 miles long and I didn't want to be late picking Sarah up from dance class
5. Clip Sarah's and Rylee's fingernails
6. Wait to get the bulbs "until next week" and now it's going to be too cold to plant them
7. Wash the last 2 days of laundry (including the red artwork duvet cover) in Dreft
8. Eat KFC for dinner last night and spend my "walking" time online Christmas shopping
9. Decide to come back on Sunday because it will be August of 2011 before they can reschedule the appointment
10. Get out some of the Elmo toys that were put away (adding to the toys instead of subtracting) thanks to Rylee's new found infatuation with Elmo

Well, better luck next week...I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment