This is where I write about my life. Marriage, children, faith, and coming to the realization that as long as I have those three things...I am home. No matter where that is.



Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Going For A Sunday Drive

We visited a new church Sunday morning. It came as no surprise that this church was pretty much identical to most of the others that we have been to up here. We have lived in this area for almost 5 years now, and still haven't really found a "home". We have visited countless churches, and have gone to one in particular on a regular basis for quite some time. But, it doesn't feel quite right. It's a little like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. So, we are looking around....again. This past Sunday we left the service feeling a little disheartened. Brian and I have had many discussions about what we are looking for in a church, and whether we are willing to compromise on any of these things. In short, we are but we aren't. Make sense? What we really need is a place where the people genuinely love the Lord and love each other. A place where the tears fall freely and the alter is always open. A place where things don't always go according to a program, and sometimes the singing, praying, and anointing take over. A place that listens when God speaks. We need a church that we can get involved with, whether it be teaching Sunday school or singing in the choir. We need a place that our children will thrive. A place where they will look forward to going every week. A place that loves children. A place where they will sing songs, make friends, learn about the Bible, and pray. We need a praying church. A place where my entire family can feel His mighty hand and amazing love.
We know it is out there. We just have to keep praying about it and searching until we find it. So, the journey continues.
After the service, we came home and had lunch. We couldn't really decide what to do with the rest of our day. We thought about going shopping, but didn't want to spend the money. So, Brian decided that we would go for a drive. We left home at 2:30 and just...drove. We went all the way through the Bankhead National Forest and down to Smith Lake. What a breathtaking landscape the Lord has designed! We drove around Clear Creek Park and found some great spots to go camping. The drive was absolutely beautiful. We talked and laughed and sang. It helped us clear our heads. It felt like we drove forever. But, it was so worth it. Just to get out of the house, where something always needs to be done, and close ourselves off to all outside distractions for a little while. Around 7:00 Sunday night, we got home feeling refreshed and renewed. As I lay in bed that night, listening to Rylee breathe on the monitor, I thanked the Lord for another beautiful sabbath to worship Him. At the "real" church, sure. But, this day, I mostly worshipped in a congregation of 5...my Savior, my 3 loves, and me. I enjoyed a sermon whispered to my heart about the magnificence of the earth He created, the grace He has shown me, and the incredible blessings He has bestowed upon me. And, the song service consisted of singing "This is the Day that the Lord has Made" in a choir made up of me and a beautiful 3 1/2 year old girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment