This is where I write about my life. Marriage, children, faith, and coming to the realization that as long as I have those three things...I am home. No matter where that is.



Thursday, November 11, 2010

Someday

Someday, Brian is going to call me on the way home from work and tell me that there is a job for him at home. I won't hear all the specifics that will follow, because I will be too overcome. I won't even know who to call first. Or if we should call anyone at all. We might just have to hop in the car and make an unannounced trip to see our families. That kind of news will be so much sweeter shared in person.

Someday, we will sell our house. The house that changed our lives. The house where we truly started out on our own. The house that we brought both of our newborn daughters home to. But, I won't shed one tear of sadness for the memories made in this house. Because they are just that...memories. I will take them with me always. I will only shed tears of joy for the life that we've lived in this house. We'll move into the house that will be our home for good. And, as far as I am concerned, the closer the better.

Someday, I will spend my days having lunch with my Mom, meeting my sister-in-law at the park to let our girls play together, and taking afternoon trips to Smocking Bird with Vanda. I will pick up my sweet nieces and take all the girls for ice cream. Then, take them back to their Mama with a sugar high just because I can. I will double recipes, so that we can have Taylor and Jeremy, Teneal and Joey, or Craig and Valerie over for dinner anytime.

Someday, when Sarah cries not wanting to leave Gigi's house, we will be able to say, "OK. You can stay the night and we will pick you up in the morning." When Mom comes over for an afternoon, Rylee will run right to her, and give her a familiar hug.

Someday, I am going to go back to school. I will get my Masters, and become a teacher.

Someday...

But, today, I am going to pack our bags for another weekend visit to the loved ones that we don't get to see often enough for me. I am going to give thanks to my Father for a husband that provides, a good job, an income that allows me to stay home with my babies, a roof over my head, and a company vehicle with free gas, so that our frequent visits home are possible.

And, I am going to PRAY, PRAY, PRAY that someday comes soon.


"Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the Lord, and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass." Psalm 37:3-5

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for someday!!! Today I'm looking forward to my girl and her sweet family coming home for Thanksgiving, our girls night out at the symphony and all of the laughter at Nana's. These last two months of the year are my favorite. I love you today and always!

    ReplyDelete