This is where I write about my life. Marriage, children, faith, and coming to the realization that as long as I have those three things...I am home. No matter where that is.



Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Baby Update: Week 16

As of today, I am 16 weeks and 5 days. To say that this pregnancy is flying by would be the understatement of the century. I feel like it is going SO fast.

This time around has been completely different from my last two. The first trimester was really difficult for me this time. I was sick a lot. I was nauseated pretty much 'round the clock. I felt exhausted all the time, constantly hungry, and pretty emotionally unstable (just ask my husband). There were days that all I could do is cry, because I felt pretty much useless.

But, alas, there was light at the end of the tunnel. Around week 13, I started to feel the fog lifting. The nausea has finally subsided. I feel more energetic. I'm still hungry pretty much all the time, but if that is the worst of my symptoms, I'll take it! I am now in my very favorite stage of pregnancy. The second trimester, for me, is bliss.

I still haven't started feeling the baby move yet. Which, I'll admit has me a tiny bit concerned. I was feeling both the girls moving by week 16. But, they say (whoever they is) it's nothing to be worried about this early. So, I'm trying not to think about it too much. I have an appointment at the ob/gyn tomorrow, so she should be able to reassure me that everything is OK. Of course, just hearing that precious heartbeat again will put my mind at ease.

We are getting very close to finding out if we are going to be buying pink or blue. I cannot stand the suspense. In 3 weeks, we'll have our big 20 week anatomy scan ultrasound. We will be thrilled with whatever gender we are blessed with. But, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't praying for a boy this time. I don't really have a feeling one way or the other. I keep dreaming that it's a boy, and we only have a boy name decided on. But, I'm not sure if that is a sign or just wishful thinking. We'll see.

I'm going to try and do a baby update every 2-3 weeks or so (or anytime something exciting happens).

We are getting really excited about this new addition to our family. I feel so incredibly blessed to have these children in my life. I can't wait to discover who this new little person will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment