This is where I write about my life. Marriage, children, faith, and coming to the realization that as long as I have those three things...I am home. No matter where that is.



Friday, September 17, 2010

Starting Something New

Why am I starting a blog?

There are a few reasons why I am starting a blog. The biggest reason being that I have an incredible husband and two beautiful daughters. Everyday they do or say something to amaze me and I am constantly saying to myself, "You should really write that down." So, I'm going to do just that. This may serve as more of a journal for myself than anything, but that will be ok, too.
Here are 50 things that you will learn about me from this new adventure in blogging:

1. I love my Saviour and love sharing Scripture that speaks to me throughout the day.
2. I pray a lot. I pray when I drive to the grocery store. I pray when I do laundry. I pray when I am rocking a baby to sleep.
3. If you ask me to pray for you, I WILL.
4. I love my husband and children fiercely. I will do anything for them. I would give my life for them.
5. I adore my family. I don't see them as often as I would like, but I think of them all the time.
6. I am a MOMMY. That is what I do. It is my calling.
7. I love doing lots of crafty things.
8. Making cakes.
9. Smocking precious little girl clothes.
10. Scrapbooking.
11. Seeing how many things we can do with paper plates, popsicle sticks, glue, and paint.
12. I had beautiful examples set for me.
13. I strive daily to set a beautiful example for others.
14. I love Diet Mt. Dew and Sour cream & onion potato chips.
15. I laugh more than I cry.
16. I'm ugly when I cry. But, sometimes it must be done.
17. My children look just like their Daddy and his family.
18. And, that is ok with me!
19. I am adopted.
20. I've never felt adopted.
21. I would love to adopt a child (or 2) someday.
22. I hate diets. But, I'm always on one.
23. I love to travel. Next on the list is Disney World.
24. I have brown eyes...which are dominant.
25. Both of our children have the prettiest blue eyes you've ever seen.
26. I love to cook.
27. I think that there is nothing more beautiful in this world than a Mother nursing her baby.
28. I am an Aunt to beautiful new twin girls.
29. I play the piano. Not very well. Just for fun.
30. I've learned to do all sorts of things from Youtube.
31. I miss my Daddy....everyday.
32. I am enormously proud of my husband.
33. He still gives me butterflies.
34. I think imperfection is beautiful.
35. Classical music (especially violins) makes me tear up with joy and sadness.
36. I love Rascal Flatts and Lady Antebellum.
37. I adore Anne of Green Gables. I always have.
38. I hate laundry with a passion.
39. I love going to church.
40. I hate getting everyone ready to go to church.
41. I have an Aunt that I call "Nana". She is not my grandmother. But, I love her like she is.
42. My house isn't perfect.
43. But, I love my house. Dust bunnies and all.
44. My husband does not. He likes CLEAN.
45. I want more children.
46. I would have 2 more and adopt 2.
47. I know we'll probably only have one more.
48. And, that will be ok. I think.
49. I desperately long to move 2 hours south of here. It is home.
50. I am learning to accept that home is wherever my 3 loves are. It's a work in progress.

"For I know that plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

  1. My sweet girl,
    I read your list of 50 things and was surprised that I knew all 50 things about you by heart! I miss you so much but I am SO proud of the wife and mother that you are. Most of all, I am proud of the passion you have for living. You have those babies or adopt those babies. We'll cherish every single one like it's the first!!! Love you!
    Vanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere, Rachel. It's a wonderful place to be.

    I don't keep "baby books," but I am happy that my blog has provided a place for me to capture the wonder of our everyday lives. Someday, I know my girls will love reading it.

    P.S. I'm an Anne fan too (as you probably already know). :)

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Stephanie. I'm enjoying it. The only bad thing is how addicting it can be.:)

    ReplyDelete